Tacoma, Washington – 500 people gathered on the Murray Morgan Bridge to celebrate the reopening and rededication of the restored bridge on the 100th anniversary of the day the bridge first opened in 1913. Local, State, and Federal officials, as well as the design-build team, gathered to celebrate the reopening with the public. This important bridge links downtown Tacoma with the Tideflats area and the Port of Tacoma.
The bridge reopening is the result of a successful design-build program featuring H&H as the Engineer of Record and PCL Constructors as the General Contractor. The two-year-long, $47 million project rehabilitated the bridge utilizing a combination of Federal and local funds.
The original historic vertical lift bridge was designed by H&H’s predecessor firm, Waddell and Harrington, and was placed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1982.
For more information on the Murray Morgan Bridge Project, click here.