New Haven, CT
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Mid-level Structural Engineer in our New Haven, CT, Office.
H&H is a full-service infrastructure engineering firm with more than 135 years of experience steeped in solving complex engineering challenges. Consulting firms, contractors and infrastructure owners count on us when innovative design and intricate engineering solutions are required. Our specialty lies in the ability to manage the entire life cycle of engineering services and support. We employ teams of superior engineers that bring a forward-thinking approach using the world’s latest project management, design, and support innovations. As a result, your projects are brought in on time, on budget, and are engineered to the highest standards in design, durability, safety, and aesthetic value.
- Prepare structural and bridge construction plans for State and Municipally Owned structures under the supervision of a lead engineer
- Complete engineering computations to support the development of detailed plans and construction documents
- Adhere to quality control and quality assurance procedures
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with other members of the design team
- Occasionally perform bridge site visits for data collection
- Perform Load Ratings on CTDOT and Municipally owned bridges and other structures
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- CT PE (or the ability to obtain one) preferred EIT Certification
- Three to five years of prior structural engineering experience
- Exposure to MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Competent use of MIDAS Civil, AASHTOWare Brr, and/or Csi Bridge
- Familiarity with Bentley OpenBridge Modeler and/or the CTDOT Connect Digital Design Environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
We offer a professional work environment, a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k).